These are the latest regulations for gatherings (UPDATED 14 OCTOBER 2020)
During the press conference of Tuesday 13th of October new regulations were announced for the Netherlands. The measures will take effect on October 14 at 10:00 PM and will be in force for the coming 3 weeks. The new measures have been published on the website of the Government of the Netherlands:
Rules for groups
- The number of people at an indoor seated venue is limited to 30 people.
30 people seated at an indoor venue is the limit, exceptions made for:
- Events may not be executed, with the exception of:
- Food markets
- Trade fairs and conferences
- Cinemas and theatres
- Matches or competitions
- Demonstrations, gatherings and meetings as referred to in the Public Assemblies Act
- Indoor gatherings that are necessary to ensure the continued daily operations of institutions, businesses and other organizations. These gatherings must not exceed 30 people
- Meetings of the States General or of a related committee (in the relevant safety region), or meetings of a municipal council, provincial council and general board of a water authority, or of a committee set up by one of these bodies, and other gatherings required by law
Necessary business meetings are allowed
Conclusion: if your meeting is of a strictly business nature (meeting, conference, gatherings that are necessary for the functioning of a company or organization), it now seems that you can continue to receive a maximum of 30 people in a room with seated setting (taking into account the 1,5 meter rule).
Note: this is a representation of the measures as announced by the government. We are keeping a close eye on the regulations. Our aim is to obtain the necessary clarity and make it easily accessible for you. This article will be updated regularly.